How does no one have more than 5 assists?
"We felt, as a conference, that the Big Ten name needed an update in light of the changing landscape of our conference and college athletics as a whole," said Delany. "We feel the Big 64 conference name melds the history of the Big Ten with a more forward-looking stance."
The Big Ten is responsible for the upheaval in college sports over the past few years, thanks to its addition of Nebraska in 2010 to the west, giving the conference 12 teams and a conference championship in football. This week it stretched far beyond its eastern borders. Yet Delany bristled at suggestions that the new name tips the Big Ten's hands for plans to expand further to 64 members or beyond.
"I just don't know where people get these ideas," Delany said. "It shows how the media bases so many stories on rumor and wild conjecture."
The former Big Ten conference also announced today that it is opening satellite offices in Florida, California and China, and that it is planning to build a space station on Mars by 2022.
- Because the loud man on the radio says so.
- I'm not sure, I just feel like the team needs a change or a spark or a lift or something along those change/spark/lift lines.
- Remember that really good thing he did that one time in the preseason? Maybe he would do that all the time.
- Maybe it would light a fire under the starter? That sounds like a thing that could happen.
- I mean, why not? What's to lose at this point? If you don't make the move, you'll regret it. Possibly.
- He shouldn't. Call me crazy, but I actually think the third-string guy is the best option.
Maybe Rick Barnes will coach at Chaminade one day.
#6 Bob Bowlsby, Big 12
His conference may not be big, but his graying temples show that he's been around long enough to know what he's doing. Comfortable posing semi-naturally at his desk or placing a hat atop his head, Bowlsby could probably fulfill several of your most tame fantasies.
- - -
#5 Larry Scott, Pac-12
Unbuttoned shirts. Laid back. Casual. This is a conference commissioner who is secure in who he is. Stable. With 12 schools and ocean to his West and mountains to his East, he's settled and isn't our there looking for new conquests. This is the kind of commissioner you can take home to mom and dad. Those dimples and adorable baby duck hair mean he's not half-bad to look at either.
He needs to win a national title before he dies of mouth rot.
That's what college is for.