"You almost don't want to talk about it because you don't want to jinx it," said catcher Brian McCann. "But, yeah, with the start we've had, we have talked about it, sure. This team, the 2013 Braves we have a chance to have the biggest collapse in baseball history. It's exciting."
McCann and other Braves know they can't look ahead, however.
"It's only April. We have a lot of games left to win before we start thinking about falling apart," said first baseman Freddie Freeman. "But I promise this team won't let up trying to accomplish a historic letdown."
- Josh Hamilton, LAA - he will fit perfectly into the Angels' lineup of overpaid older guys who watch Mike Trout do everything
- B.J. Upton, ATL - the Braves are confident that all great players probably suddenly start playing up to their potential in their 9th season in the majors
- Torii Hunter, DET - he fills Detroit's need for a non-morbidly obese position player and he was also a childhood friend of Jim Leyland's
- Jose Reyes, TOR - the Blue Jays hope he can be an improvement over Yunel Escobar at shortstop by getting on base and not hating gay people
- Russell Martin, PIT - if giving $17 million to a catcher with a .211 batting average won't get the Pirates a winning season, then nothing will
- Zach Greinke, LAD - not having a big enough payroll is what kept the Dodgers out of the playoffs last year and they won't let that happen ever again
- R.A. Dickey, TOR - even if he pitches nowhere close to his Cy Young performance, he'll keep the clubhouse loose with hilarious tales of playing for the Mets
Picture Sad Braves Fan
Bad umpiring is forcing him to try to remove his brain.
Best fan. Worst patient.
Someone should show her the ass on Jamie Moyer.
This is really going to hurt the perception of Native Americans.
We wish you a blah blah blah.
Picture Mmm .. Delicious Bat
If you pleasure your bat, it will pleasure you. It's basic baseball fundamentals.
He needs the money from t-shirt sales because he'll soon be unemployed.
You may now Tase the bride.