So this is what prison must be like.
Picture TV Tim Duncan Smells Fan's Neck
Santa's beard probably holds more smells.
Grandma will be pissed to see what he did to her couch.
The security guard hates his job.
Well, that totally pays him back for knocking the Knicks out of the playoffs.
#1 Buster Douglas for SafeAuto
Mike Tyson's loss to Buster Douglas was humiliating. But it got exponentially worse when Douglas' commercial for SafeAuto came out.
Douglas' two claims to fame will forever be: 1) Upsetting Mike Tyson; 2) Being featured in the only TV commercial ever filmed on flip phone.
#2 Pete Rose's SUPERCHARG'R Energy Bar
Don't have the necessary energy to call in a bet on the baseball team you're managing? You know what you need? Carob! In the late 70s and early 80s Charlie Hustle endorsed the SUPERCHARG'R Energy Bar, a snack that was so cram-packed with energy that it didn't even have time for all of its vowels.
Of course, since we're talking about Rose, there was a bit of sleazy misdirection at play. The bar's wrapper touted the carob-coated treat as "nature's answer to candy," but it also listed the snack's ingredients. First on the list? That most natural of ingredients: high fructose corn syrup. Candy historians have speculated that the bar finally died off after a disastrous "Send in 10 Wrappers, Get a Free Pete Rose Haircut" promotion.
As part of Rose's continuing commitment to serving children healthy snacks, he also endorsed Kool-Aid:
David Aldrich possesses a sincere giggle of a great joy. Good for him.
Just a normal day in Italy.
- YES! History shows that all champions panicked after every playoff loss.
- It depends on the news day. If there's not much else going on, air time will have to be filled with how they should FREAK OUT.
- No time to think about questions right now! Can't you see I'm panicking?!?!
- Not yet. But the team needs to listen closely to the constructive criticism offered to them by the media, sports radio callers and message board posters.
- What's the point in panicking? The opponent clearly has their number and nothing can change that. They're finished. Unless they win the next one.
And on it went for 45 minutes, somehow without anyone murdering her.