2. Who will win the tight NL Central?
3. Can Jose Abreu keep up his home run pace?
4. Will any players get struck by lightning during a game?
5. How many hot dogs could Bartolo Colon eat in 10 minutes?
6. What if the Astros won the rest of their games? How crazy would that be?
7. What if all of our best soccer players played baseball?
8. What exactly is in a rosin bag?
9. Wouldn’t it be easier to just Google that instead of posting it as an open question on a website?
10. Instead of lowering the mound to increase scoring, what about raising the batter’s box?
11. According to Wikipedia, rosin is a powdered form of “resin obtained from pines and some other plants, mostly conifers, produced by heating fresh liquid resin to vaporize the volatile liquid terpene components.” Does anyone else find that to be not all that interesting?
12. What exactly is the logic behind a bunt attempt hit foul with two strikes being a third strike, while a foul ball on a regular swing — or even a check swing — is not called a third strike?
13. While baseball players are generally the least educated pro athletes because most don’t go to college, do they end their careers smarter than football players due to the lack of head trauma in baseball?
14. How many MLB stadiums sell hummus?
15. Do catchers ever fart on umpires after a bad call? If not, why?
16. What was it that I meant to ask for No. 16? I wrote it down on a scrap of paper here somewhere. I think I threw it out. Dammit.
17. Wait, no. Here it is: How come a soccer field is called a “pitch” when there is no pitching, and a baseball field is called a field when there is no … wait. The second one doesn’t really work. The first one, though, right?
18. A few of these sabermetric stats are complete bullshit, no?
19. Are any players, or anyone even remotely related to baseball, going to read this list? Even if they did, would it in any way impact the outcome of the season? Do I serve any purpose? Is everything I do meaningless? Would anyone even notice if I died? The world has continued on spinning even after the deaths of the greatest men. What is the point of getting out of bed in the morning?
20. Can the Cardinals keep winning until Yadier Molina comes back?
– – – – –
Also see …