Submitted by reader Nick S. …
Here is Nick's explanation on how his team achieved this prestigious distinction …
So I knew I was facing a tough foe — but have been hamstrung by injuries over the past few weeks:
– Peyton Hillis — Madden Curse – Joseph Addai — Hamstrings – Jahvid Best — Season-threatening concussion – Ahmad Bradshaw — Season-threatening foot injury
On top of that, this week my WRs were facing adversity, so I decided to bench them and take my chances with backups and waiver selections:
– #1 Stevie Johnson — On Revis Island – #2 Brandon Marshall — Underperforming all year
My starters and their justification:
– Michael Vick — Favorable matchup at home — but ended up producing very little fantasy numbers
– Delone Carter — Named the starter, but I expected splitting time. He ended up fumbling in the first series and never seeing the ball again.
– Taiwan Jones — Figured RB-by-committee in Oakland and his speed and hints for more playing time seemed like a good investment for this week and take a flyer.
– DJ Ware — Another by-committee scenario. Has shown promise and gotten confidence from his team. Hardly saw the ball. When he did have a positive play it was called back due to holding calls.
– Jon Baldwin — Picked him up hoping he'd go back-to-back positive weeks against a weak Miami team
– Laurent Robinson — He's actually been one of Dallas' better receivers and had a favorable matchup.
– Oakland Defense — Could do nothing against one of the worst QBs in the league. Should have been a favorable matchup.
Overall, I knew I needed an amazing week from flyer pickups — got literally nothing all day. Should have stuck with my guns to at least have a respectable total.
– – – – –
– – – – –
Thanks to Nick for submitting and congrats to him on winning this week's Crappiest Fantasy Football Team In America. For all of you not lucky enough to win this week's title, you can win with 20% off at BustedTees.com with promo code: CRAPFANTASY.